Production and dissemination of knowledge is an effort of global concern. As such, all activities designed for scholars offered at or via SSES are conducted through networks with universities around the globe.
NORSI is the Nordic research school for Ph.D. students in the Nordic countries within the field of innovation and entrepreneurship. Doctoral students within innovation and entrepreneurial studies enroll to take academic courses offered by NORSI and its partner institutions. NORSI is also an active network in the innovation and entrepreneurship research communities.
Primary objectives NORSI 2021-2024
Read more about key impacts and added value for students, faculty and institutions that are part of NORSI here.
Flexible Program: Doctoral students enroll to take courses as an integral part of their doctoral studies either from the beginning of their studies or later in their doctoral research. NORSI is a flexible and complementary doctoral program developed to fit students’ individual research progress and course requirements at their “home” institutions.
Doctoral Courses: The NORSI course portfolio covers innovation and entrepreneurship research ranging from management and firm perspective to a broader systems approach, and seeks to understand the process of innovation and its relation to economic growth by specializing in innovation systems, policies, globalization of innovation, entrepreneurship, social changes of innovation, and sustainability transitions.
Partner Institutions and Network: NORSI is a networked-based research school that consists of 24 partner institutions:
1) Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU), Project owner/host
2) BI Norwegian Business School (BI), Coordinator/Co-host
3) Inland Norway University of Applied Sciences (INN)
4) Nord University (NORD)
5) Norwegian School of Economics (NHH)
6) UiT – The Arctic University (UiT)
7) University of Agder (UiA)
8) University of Oslo – TIK (UiO-TIK)
9) University of Stavanger (UiS)
10) Western Norway University of Applied Sciences (HVL)
11) Circle, Lund University (CIRCLE)
12) Chalmers University of Technology
13) Halmstad University College – CIEL
14) Jönköping University – Jönköping International Business School (JIBS)
15) Linköping University
16) Stockholm School of Entrepreneurship (SSES)
17) Royal Institute of Technology (KTH) Through SSES
18) Stockholm School of Economics Through SSES
19) Luleå University of Technology
20) Blekinge Institute of Technology
21) University of Gothenburg – GOT KIES
22) University of Iceland, Reykjavík
23) Aalborg University
24) LUT (Lappeenranta university)
Read more about NORSI here.
In order to apply to a specific course, please visit the courses page and apply directly at the host university, after you have confirmed your Norsi membership.
NORSI has continuous enrollment. To enroll, send in a formal application containing:
NORSI Program Director