Marwan Ayache, Head of Operations
Marwan Ayache is the Head of Operations at the Stockholm School of Entrepreneurship. He grew up in nine countries across four continents and now counts Stockholm as his home. With an academic background in English linguistics, language and literature, Marwan found the entrepreneurship/startup scene a surprisingly compatible arena through which to learn, connect, and grow.
Today, his prime directive includes working laterally across SSES to improve the quality, impact, and development of its mission. He also oversees the Communications, Finance, Central Office, and Partnership Development teams in their daily work.
Marwan is also the co-founder of Keys Ecosystem, an Ecosystem-as-a-Service organisation offering personalised guidance for entrepreneurs. He is also the former co-organiser of the Sthlm TechMeetup, Europe’s largest monthly startup event, as well as Executive Producer of the STHLM TechFest, Sweden’s flagship startup conference.
1. What is your educational background? (university education(s) and field(s))
English Language, Literature, Linguistics, Open University
Social Psychology, Concordia University
Management Development Program, Harvard University GSE
Negotiation Mastery Program, Harvard Business School
2. What is your title at SSES?
Head of Operations / COO
3. What are some of the everyday activities you perform at SSES?
Working alongside all teams at SSES, catalysing and increasing the team’s productivity, quality and impact through people, partnerships, and the power of positivity.
4. What is your previous work experience?
Language Specialist at a tiny startup
Editor at Öhrlings-PwC
5. Name one or several of your unexpected skills
Makes the fluffiest pancakes; knows the lyrics to most late-90s gangsta rap. Speaks West African Pidgin.
6. What is the best thing about working at SSES?
Helping people with dreams become people with accomplishments.
7. What is your idea of perfect happiness?
That mind-wandering moment of zen thinking about the idea of perfect happiness.
8. Which living person do you most admire?
Everybody, in some way.
9. Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
10. Which historical figure do you most identify with?
11. What is your motto?
I have two mottos:
1. Never tell anyone everything you know.
This information has been provided by the person above and has been published on the condition of accuracy. SSES bears no responsibility for any inaccuracies therein.