Marwan Ayache, Head of Operations and external relations
Marwan Ayache is the Head of Operations and External Relations at the Stockholm School of Entrepreneurship. He grew up in nine countries across four continents and now counts Sweden as his home. With an academic background in English linguistics, language and literature, Marwan found the entrepreneurship/startup scene a surprisingly compatible arena from which to grow, connect and learn.
Today, his prime directive includes working laterally across the organisation to improve the quality and impact of its scope of operation. In his capacity as Head of External Relations, Marwan also connects SSES with organisations, partners, individuals through collaborative efforts. He is also the former co-organiser of the Sthlm TechMeetup, Europe’s largest monthly startup event, and Executive Producer of the STHLM TechFest, Sweden’s flagship annual startup conference.
1. What is your educational background? (university education(s) and field(s))
Management Development Program, Harvard University GSE
English Language, Literature, Linguistics, Open University
Social Psychology, Concordia University
2. What is your title at SSES?
Head of Operations / External Relations Manager
3. What are some of the everyday activities you perform at SSES?
Working alongside all teams at SSES, catalysing and increasing the team’s productivity, quality and impact through people, partnerships, and the power of positivity.
4. What is your previous work experience?
Language Specialist at a tiny startup
Editor at PwC
5. Name one or several of your unexpected skills
Makes the fluffiest pancakes; knows the lyrics to most late-90s gangsta rap. Speaks West African Pidgin.
6. What is the best thing about working at SSES?
Helping people with dreams become people with accomplishments.
7. What is your idea of perfect happiness?
That mind-wandering moment of zen thinking about the idea of perfect happiness.
8. Which living person do you most admire?
Everybody, in some way.
9. Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
10. Which historical figure do you most identify with?
11. What is your motto?
I have two mottos:
1. Never tell anyone everything you know.
This information has been provided by the person above and has been published on the condition of accuracy. SSES bears no responsibility for any inaccuracies therein.