Marwan Ayache, Head of Operations and external relations
SSES Marwan Ayache is the Head of Operations and External Relations at the Stockholm School of Entrepreneurship. He grew up in nine countries across four continents and now counts Sweden as his home. With an academic background in English linguistics, language and literature, Marwan found the entrepreneurship/startup scene a surprisingly compatible arena from which to grow, connect and learn.
Today, his prime directive includes working laterally across the school to improve the quality and impact of its scope of operation. In his capacity as Head of External Relations, Marwan also connects SSES with organisations, partners, individuals through collaborative efforts, and oversees the SSES events portfolio. He holds a certificate from Harvard University (2017), and is a serial hackathon mentor, and former co-organiser of the Sthlm TechMeetup, now Europe’s largest monthly startup event.
1. What is your educational background? (university education(s) and field(s))
Open University: English Language, Literature, Linguistics
Concordia University: Social Psychology
2. What is your title at SSES?
Head of Operations / External Relations Manager
3. What are some of the everyday activities you perform at SSES?
Working laterally across the organisation to catalyse and increase the team’s quality and impact through people, partnerships, and the power of positivity.
4. What is your previous work experience?
Language Specialist at a tiny startup
Editor at PwC
5. Name one or several of your unexpected skills
Speaks West African Pidgin, makes the fluffiest pancakes; knows the lyrics to most late-90s gangsta rap.
6. What is the best thing about working at SSES?
Helping people with dreams become people with accomplishments.
7. What is your idea of perfect happiness?
That mind-wandering moment of zen thinking about the idea of perfect happiness.
8. Which living person do you most admire?
Everybody, in some way.
9. Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
Awesome. Hey Google?
10. Which historical figure do you most identify with?
11. What is your motto?
I have two mottos:
1. Never tell anyone everything you know.