1. What is your educational background? (university education(s) and field(s))
I have a master’s degree in Dance from the Theatre Academy Helsinki. (No, I can’t do splits anymore).
2. What is your title at SSES?
3. What are some of the everyday activities you perform at SSES?
I keep my priorities straight, so I start my day in the office by brewing some coffee. After that I answer to emails, prepare upcoming courses and workshops and make sure that our courses are running smoothly. As a coordinator, calendar is my best buddy and I try to prepare and plan ahead as much as possible!
4. What is your previous work experience?
I’ve worked quite some time with education – but I also spent almost 5 years at a startup focused on Japanese tourist travelling to Scandinavia. I have also worked as a waiter, producer, photographer, Pilates teacher and as a living statue for the first Nokia phone with a camera.
5. Name one or several of your unexpected skills
I can stand on my head, read a bit of Japanese and I am kind of an expert when it comes to Finnish design!
6. What is the best thing about working at SSES?
Great colleagues, cosy office and all the unexpected events!
7. What is your idea of perfect happiness?
Having a dip somewhere in the archipelago after sauna and taking care of my allotment and beehives.
8. Which living person do you most admire?
As a “mama’s boy” I need to say my mom – she worked hard as a self-employed entrepreneur and somehow still managed to keep the family together. She is always generous and helps people (and animals) in need without asking anything in return.
9. Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
The Swedish word “absolut” and few Finnish swear words.
10. What is your motto?
I don’t really have a motto but this text which is written at the gym I go to might just work: ‘Work hard and be nice to people’!