There are many ways to express what an entrepreneur does. They pave new paths, they do the unexpected. They challenge the status quo and they make new and unforeseen connections to create something unique, something improbable – much like an artist creates previously inconceivable works of art. And just like the artist, the entrepreneur needs a spark of creativity to devise their masterpiece. The question is, where does that spark come from? Is it only ignited within a selection of individuals, or does it reside in all of us, ready to be fanned into a flame?
The idea behind the Art Thinking method is that anyone can indeed be creative – all it takes is action. It may be a hesitant action, but an action nonetheless. Simply doing is the very primary act of creation, and that is what you will learn in this workshop. Using an agile framework structured around three phases – making, criticizing, and exposing – instructor Riccardo Masiero together with Sylvain Bureau, the founder of this method, will guide you on your way through the innovative practices of Art Thinking. Not only will this process take your creativity, conviction and confidence to a higher level, but through the actions taken you will find yourself better prepared for the world of tomorrow – and for creating the improbable within it.
SKILLS GAINED IN THIS WORKSHOP:
- How to create solutions challenging conventional wisdom
- How to use creative and critical abilities as an entrepreneur
- Agile methods and entrepreneurial leadership
- How to apply effectuation, prototyping, and reframing the creative projects you face everyday
- How to use the six practices of Art Thinking: donate, deviate, destroy, drift, dialogue, and display
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Every student curious about art and entrepreneurship is welcome to this workshop. Participants will be expected to take action, to give and take from others, and to trust the process.
- All full-time program students (BSc, MSc, PhD) and alumni of SSES member universities are eligible to apply.
About the teachers
Riccardo Masiero joined the House of Innovation at Stockholm School of Economics as a PhD student in 2021. He is also part of The Garden – Center for Design and Leadership at SSE. He holds a BSc in Aerospace Engineering and a MSc in Space Engineering, both from Politecnico di Milano. Riccardo is interested in meaningful and creative interactions between humans and non-humans, especially through design and artistic practices.
Pierre Tectin is a co-creator of the Art Thinking method.