ARE YOU OUR NEW COURSE ASSISTANT?
The Stockholm School of Entrepreneurship (SSES) is an interdisciplinary nonprofit collaboration of leading academic universities (Karolinska Institutet, Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm School of Economics, University College of Art, Crafts & Design (Konstfack), Royal College of Music, and Stockholm University).
Today, the Stockholm School of Entrepreneurship is one of the best-established and most influential institutions of entrepreneurship education in the world.
SSES is currently recruiting an energetic and self-motivated student from one of its member universities for the position of part-time Course Assistant, beginning in January 2024.
The role of the Course Assistant is an established position, focusing on coordinating one SSES course at a time. Each course lasts approximately 9 weeks, with a total of four courses being coordinated throughout the year.
You won’t be alone in your journey. You will join a team of several Course Assistants (CAs) and the rest of the SSES team, your future colleagues. Together, you will cultivate an environment of shared knowledge, trust, and support.
Your primary responsibilities include:
- Assisting SSES and the Course Director with the coordination of planning, execution and follow-up of one SSES course per academic period
- Contact with students enrolled in the course
Working within the Student & Faculty Services team, you’ll be able to plan your own working hours, making it feasible to study alongside this position. However, please note that courses occur during the evening from 17-20 (twice a week) and will require your physical presence.
In addition to the main responsibilities, as a Course Assistant, you also have the possibility to work with extracurricular activities and PhD courses.
- will be an essential member of the SSES team
- are open-minded and flexible
- are service-oriented
- have excellent communication skills in English
- have the vision to make Sweden a global leader of knowledge-based entrepreneurship education
- are a tight-knit team of nine diverse individuals across a wide range of backgrounds, disciplines, cultures, ages and more
- offer exciting challenges and opportunities for professional development
- offer health/wellbeing compensation of up to 500 SEK/semester
- offer the possibility to use the SSES office for your university group projects
- Paid part-time position at 15%
- Expected working hours are between 4-8 per week
- The position starts in January 2024 and spans the spring semester, with the possibility to continue in the same role for the academic year 24-25
- You must be a full-time student at one of our member universities
- You will work within the Student & Faculty Services team and report directly to the Head of the team.
- Applications will be conducted on a rolling basis. However, the final deadline for applications is 26 November 2023.
HOW TO APPLY
Begin your journey with us by filling out your application here.
At SSES, our goal is to find the right person with the right mindset. We value diversity, considering backgrounds, work experience, academic achievements, and personality in our selections. Our recruitment process is designed to ensure we find the best fit for our team.
Here’s a breakdown of our CA recruitment stages:
- Online Application: Start by submitting your application online. We carefully review every submission to identify the most suitable candidates.
- 5-minute Zoom Presentation: Selected candidates from the online applications will be invited for a brief presentation on Zoom. You will meet the Student & Faculty Services (SFS) team and have opportunity to showcase your motivation, availability and enthusiasm.
- 1-hour Live Interview: Based on the presentations, a selected group of candidates will move on to an in-depth, live interview lasting approximately an hour. This will be a deeper dive into your qualifications and fit for the role. You will also receive more detailed information about the role and have a chance to ask questions.
- Second Interview: In some cases, a follow-up 30-minute interview might be necessary to finalize our selection. For any questions regarding the role or application process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.