Maria von Euler is Senior Lecturer, Associate Faculty SSES at Konstfack. She teaches and develops courses within industrial design, design management, sustainability and entrepreneurship on both bachelor and master level. Maria specialized in innovation management, with a history as founder of several accelerator operations, startups and design lead in B2B as well as B2C companies.
1. What is your educational background? (university education(s) and field(s))
Journalism at Uppsala Universitet and Poppius. Later, Industrial design at Konstfack and NUAS in Japan.
2. What are you teaching at SSES?
Design, sustainability and entrepreneurship.
3. What is your previous work experience?
Journalist and researcher. Later fashion designer, Industrial Designer, Design and sustainability Strategist, Innovation Manager and Creative Director. Also Founder, Co-founder and investor in several companies and accelerators. Senior lecturer and guest teacher at Konstfack and KTH.
4. Name one or several of your unexpected skills
Poker and creative cooking from basically nothing.
5. What is the best thing about being part of SSES?
Interdisciplinarity. Co-creating and bridging gaps between different bits of intelligence is often mind-blowing. It also feels good when students break prejudices and find themselves innovative and creative outside their comfort zones.
6. What is your idea of perfect happiness?
7. Which living person do you most admire?
Right now, in times with much uncertainties, I turn to history and nature – the two main sources for inspiration and pattern recognition. A person that provides both is for example Jane Goodall.
8. Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
Raze your gaze! And look far away for inspiration.
9. What is your motto?
Curiosity is a virtue.