SSES is proud to invite two students from its member universities to join the (National University of Singapore) NUS Enterprise Summer Program 2019, held from July 14 – 27 2019. Last year’s program drew 100 participants from 28 universities across 6 continents. This year’s program is poised to become even bigger with a focus on entrepreneurial opportunities in Southeast Asia, one of the fastest growing consumer markets in the world. The two week program aims to create opportunities for the participants to gain ideas and perspectives, to enable them to network with experts and forge bonds with peers from the region.
This scholarship covers summer program fees, two-way air travel and accommodation. Participants must ensure that all their necessary travel documents and vaccinations are in order before traveling.
The program broadly covers the following topics:
- Business and cultural context of Singapore and ASEAN
- Singapore’s Economic Development Model and the Changing Role of Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- The True Singapore Story (introduction to Singapore’s heritage)
- The Heart of Singapore’s Startup Ecosystem
- Understanding the ASEAN Relationship, Language and Culture
- Experiential introduction to Singapore
- Practical insights and skills for aspiring entrepreneurs
- How to be an Entrepreneur
- Lean Startup and Business Model
- Pitching and Team Project
- Themes in entrepreneurship
- Social Entrepreneurship
Lectures will be conducted in English by faculty members from the NUS and industry experts.
Apply today. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis. A maximum of two participants will be selected. Applications close April 12 2019.