As wicked problems continue to permeate and change the nature of our society, many of the traditional ways of addressing social needs are replaced by other entrepreneurial initiatives. Today, many organizations are as concerned with making a positive impact on the world as they are with making money. Against this backdrop, social entrepreneurship has taken off as a new formula for success, combining the market forces of capitalism with a “do-good” mentality.
The development of social ventures, is the focus of this seminar, where you as a student are introduced to the topic of social entrepreneurship and the variety of methods, theories and tools that can be used to achieve a social impact. You will also get the chance to reflect on the future opportunities and challenges associated with social entrepreneurship on a global scale.
Skills learned in this seminar
- The basics of social entrepreneurship
- Methods for developing a social value proposition
- How to transform your ideas into a social venture
- Business models and theories commonly used by social entrepreneurs
Who should attend?
Whether you are a budding entrepreneur, an ambitious busy-bee or a creative mastermind, this seminar will be worth your time. Not only will you get an introduction to the topic of social entrepreneurship, you will get invaluable insight into the process of transforming ideas into social ventures.
ELIGIBILITY & SELECTION
All students and alumni of SSES member universities are eligible to apply to this Breakfast Seminar. We get many applications and unfortunately cannot accept everyone. The selection process is outlined below:
- Application is reviewed
- Selection is made and confirmation email is sent out
- Participant must confirm his or her seat in order to secure the spot
- If spots are not confirmed in time, the waitlist will be reviewed and new participants selected