Get a safe space to practice, elaborate and learn how to become more confident on stage.
This workshop gives you a uniquely modern approach to rhetoric. With renowned rhetoric teacher Julia Tollin, you will get the chance to learn the most important tools you need to prepare, structure and deliver a top-class presentation. Join us in this intimate 2-day practical workshop to practice, elaborate and reflect on how you can become more confident on stage.
Skills gained in this workshop
- How to prepare and structure a presentation
- How to tell stories and speak in a way that is memorable and impactful
- How to use your voice and body language in a strategic way
- How to manage your nervousness
Who should attend?
This workshop doesn’t require any prior knowledge in rhetoric. Participants will take part in practical exercises on the level that they feel comfortable.
ELIGIBILITY & SELECTION
All students and alumni of SSES member universities are eligible to apply to this weekend workshop. We get many applications and unfortunately cannot accept everyone. The selection process is outlined below:
- Application is reviewed
- Selection is made and confirmation email is sent out
- Participant must confirm his or her seat in order to secure the spot
- If spots are not confirmed in time, the waitlist will be reviewed and new participants selected
About the teacher
Julia Tollin develops and performs workshops, courses, and one-on-one training in presentation skills and modern rhetoric. Before studying rhetoric the academic way at Södertörn University, she worked as an inspirational speaker for many years in front of large audiences in the tens of thousands. In addition, Julia’s has worked as a moderator and MC at large conferences during the last decade.