Bootstrapping and Financing
April 21, 2017
SSES Campus, 5th Floor, Saltmätargatan 9
Application is closed.
There are many ways to finance your startup, using friends, family, bank loans, public funding, crowdfunding, business angels, venture capital, revenue, or bootstrapping. How do you know when to choose the right one? By taking this Toolbox, of course.
Content of this workshop:
- Discover the financial alternatives (friends, family, bank loans, public funding, crowdfunding, business angels, venture capital, revenue, etc.).
- Learn how to implement the best financial strategy for your startup.
- Learn why seeking venture capital may not always be the best option for your startup.
Skills gained from this workshop:
- Understanding what bootstrapping is and how and when to use it.
- The pros and cons of all financial alternatives for your startup – and when to choose the right one.
- Understanding venture capital, specifically what (it is), when (it is suitable), how (to seek it/use it?).
Senior Advisor, Campus Incubation
Ulf Eriksson is Senior Advisor at SSES Campus. Ulf has an BBA and extensive experience in entrepreneurship, project management, business development, internationalisation and funding, primarily from startups within IT, software and service. He has been involved with SSES since 2003.
Besides startups and own consulting he has been the Business Area Manager IT/Service Sector at Swedish Trade Council, the first externally recruited to TeliaSonera's Venture Capital Company Telia Business innovation in 1999, worked as a venture capitalist in Silicon Valley 2000 - 2001, CEO and Business Coach at SSE Business Lab 2004 - 2006, and from 2007 Founder/CEO and Business Coach at SU Innovation/Incubator.
In 2013- 2015 he launched his own venture: ScorX as CEO (digitalizing the Choral Community, www.scorx.org).He has other roles within the Startup Community in Sweden: Business Coach for Connect and Board Member of Drivhuset, as well as speaker, lecturer and panelist